"There are years that ask questions and years that answer."
"A serious girl, when she finds someone who calms her spirit and quiets her busy thoughts, will love you so fiercely, it will defy even her own logic and reasoning."
July on Tumblr
Semi-annual review: 2014 Part 1
- Discovering Settlers of Catan
- New Macbook Pro Retina! :D
- Starting my Directed Studies in a new lab
- Writing my last midterm of undergrad
- Received my first rose bouquet from somebunny special for Valentine’s Day
- Adopted Trixie the Unicorn
- VSO’s Beethoven 6 concert
- Interviewing Maestro Tovey and obtaining his autograph!
- VSO’s Beethoven 9 concert… *sighs happily*
- Don Giovanni performed by the Vancouver Opera
- Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto by UBC Symphony
- Don Carlo performed by the Vancouver Opera
- Yo-Yo Ma’s VRS performance
- VSO’s Spring Festival featuring the music of Rachmaninov ♥
- Alexander Gavrylyuk plays Rach 2
- Alexander Gavrylyuk plays Rach 3
- Directed Studies defence
- Writing my last final of undergrad
- Presenting at the Pediatric Academic Societies conference in Vancouver
- Receiving the SPR Student Research Award… still in shock
- Schubert’s Winterreise performed by Florian Boesch/Malcolm Martineau (VRS Surprise Concert)
- UBC Graduation!!!
- VSO’s Mahler 9 concert
- Kathy and Daniel’s graduation!
- Pathology Arts Gala
- Jane’s baby shower
NEW MOVIES WATCHED from Jan-June
- Lego Movie
- Captain America: Winter Soldier
- The Amazing Spiderman 2
BEST FOODIE EXPERIENCES:
- La Pentola - Yaletown
- Midam Rice Cake House - North Road
- The Oakwood Canadian Bistro - Kitsilano
- Smokehouse Sandwich Co - Richmond
- Steveston Seafood House - Steveston Village
- Catch 122 Bistro - Gastown
- Kitsilano Daily Kitchen - Kitsilano
- Village Sushi Bar - Steveston
- Senova Italian Restaurant - Kerrisdale
- Guu with Otokomae - Gastown
- The Flying Pig - Gastown
- Green Leaf Sushi - Kitsilano
- Sweet Obsession - Arbutus Ridge
- Guu Original - downtown Vancouver
- Moncton Cafe - Steveston Village
- Adesso Bistro - West End
TRYING TO KEEP MY CRAZY AT BAY WHEN I’M AROUND NEW PEOPLE
This will be me in Montreal.
This piece reminds me of Professor Layton… ♥
Violinist Thomas Gould performs Astor Piazzolla’s Oblivion with Ksenija Sidorova and the BBC National Orchestra of Wales.
One week post-finale. Still not fully recovered.
So many shared experiences!
Lawrence Durrell, Justine
Is this noteworthy?
I completed my undergrad without pulling a single all-nighter. Judging from my limited sample size, I believe I’m in the minority! ;)
I never stayed up later than 2am either. (My 2am nightmare was a one-time occurrence, entirely thanks to CHBE 419 and its hellish lab reports…)